This Crock Pot Creamy Herbed Chicken recipe is easy to toss together and is one the whole family will love!
This recipe comes from the Gooseberry Patch Super-Fast Slow Cooking cookbook.
I love easy, tasty recipes that everyone in our family will eat and this recipe is one of those! Serve with a veggie or side salad to round out the meal.
This recipe does uses cream of chicken with herbs and cream of mushroom with roasted garlic, these add a touch more flavor than the regular cream soup versions but can be substituted. If you would like to make your own cream soup my friend Cris has a homemade cream of soup substitute recipe you can check out. My friend Leah also has a gluten-free version.
Creamy Herbed Chicken
If you can’t find the package of savory garlic and herbs soup mix at your grocery store, Amazon does offer it and you can find it here. This recipe is as simple as combining all the ingredients and pouring it over the chicken.
Each slow cooker cooks a little different, some hotter than others. Use a meat thermometer to check to see if the chicken is done. A crock pot makes great tender chicken but it will over cook if left to cook too long. Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10-3/4 oz. can cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 10-3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
- 1.2 oz. package savory garlic & herb soup mix
- ⅔ cup water
- cooked rice or noodles
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soups, soup mix and water; pour over top.
- Cover and cook chicken on low setting 5 to 7 hours, or on high for 2.5 to 3.5 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
If you love this recipe I think you will also like this recipe for Angel Chicken.
Linked to: Meal Plan Monday
Linked to: Weekend Potluck