This grilled marinated Asian Flank Steak is the perfect steak recipe to cook on the grill.
This recipe comes from the Gooseberry Patch Grilling and Campfire Cooking cookbook. We love grilling and camping so this cookbook is used all summer long!
I love flank steak but it can be hard to find in the grocery stores, it can also be labeled as a London Broil. The key to cooking a flank steak is using a marinade. The flank is a tougher piece of meat so you need to marinade a little longer than normal about 4 to 8 hours.
The other thing that you need to do with a flank steak is to score it before you season it. To score the steak use the tip of a sharp knife and make shallow cute in a diamond pattern. Scoring the meat will help the seasoning or marinade soak into the meat.
Asian Flank Steak
Place all the ingredients in a glass dish and let the steak marinade for up to 8 hours. Cook over the grill until desired cooking temperature. Always cut against the grain to help ensure a tender steak.
This flank steak is great over rice or could be used on a salad.
Asian Flank Steak
- 2 to 3 lb. beef flank steak
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons sake or white vinegar
- 2 to 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Lightly score the steak diagonally on both sides; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a shallow glass dish.
- Add steak; turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- Drain, discarding marinade.
- Grill steak over medium-high heat to desired doneness, about 8-10 minutes per side reducing heat to medium if cooking too fast.
- Let steak stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice thinly across the grain.
Referral links were used in this post.