Pizza Burgers are a fun twist on Pizza Night that everyone will love! This recipe can be adapted with your families favorite pizza toppings.
Our family LOVES pizza! So I am always looking for fun new ways to make it knowing that the boys will gobble it right up! We are a pepperoni pizza family but I love all different kinds of toppings so I love that this recipe can be individualized.
This recipe is kid-friendly and you can customize each individual pizza based on what that person likes. I usually use half ground beef and half sausage when I make this recipe for a little extra flavor. You could use either all ground beef or sausage. Other topping ideas would be peppers, mushrooms or olives. I have been buying the Prego Veggie Smart Pizza Sauce to use in recipes like this as a sneaky way to get some more veggies in our diets.
If you like this recipe you might also like our Deluxe Pizza Biscuit Bake.
- 2 pounds ground beef and or sausage, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 14 ounce jar pizza sauce
- 12-15 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 12-16 half buns 6-8 full buns
- 1 package of pepperoni or your other favorite pizza toppings
- salt and pepper to taste
- Oregano to garnish
- grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef until no longer pink, drain.
- Add onion and saute for a couple minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pizza sauce and salt and pepper.
- Scoop beef mixture on half a bun, using about 1/3 cup beef mixture per bun.
- Repeat for remaining buns placing buns on a cookie sheet.
- Top all buns with a slice of mozzarella cheese .
- Place pepperoni or favorite pizza toppings on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle with oregano and Parmesan cheese.
- Broil in the oven until cheese is melted.
Linked to: Meal Plan Monday