Are you looking for a new crock pot recipe that will be a big hit with the family? This Slow Cooker Cheesy Ravioli Casserole is a family favorite!
I have made this recipe a couple different times now and the last time I made it I threw all the ingredients together in the crock pot at home and took it to the farm office and cooked it. Apparently, the smell carried and people came out of the woodwork wondering what it was that smelled so good! I doubled the recipe on this particular day so we had plenty to share. I even got a complement from my meat and potato loving farmer father-in-law who isn’t a fan of pasta. That doesn’t happen very often so you know this recipe is a keeper!
You could almost call this a ravioli lasagna. You layer it the same way you would a lasagna except the layer of cheese is already included in the pasta so I just sprinkled the shredded cheese on the top.
I love to make my pasta sauce with both sausage and hamburger. I love the flavor the combination has so I often double the sauce portion using a pound of both and freezer the other half for a quick weekday meal.
I do not cook the pasta before hand.
Serve with a side salad, garlic bread or bread sticks and you are set!
- 1 lb. ground hamburger or sausage, browned
- 1 pkg. (25 oz.) frozen ravioli
- 1 (25-28 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Italian style diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Brown the hamburger over medium heat in a medium size skillet..
- Add the onion, garlic and tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and let simmer another 5 minutes.
- Place 1 cup of sauce on the bottom of 5 to 6 qt. slow cooker.
- Add half of the frozen ravioli, half the remainder of sauce and then repeat.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook on low 4 hours or until ravioli is tender.
Linked to Weekend Potluck