Perfect recipe to change up Taco Tuesday, Taco Bake is a great family friendly recipe that is husband and kid approved!
This recipe is by far the most popular post on my other blog Two Maids a Milking. It was originally a post from my sister-in-law so I decided to remake and photograph it for all of you!
This recipe is perfect because it can be customized based on your families preferences. Ground turkey can be substituted for the ground beef, you can use low fat sour cream and cheese to lighten it up and can decrease the amount of chips for the top or use tortilla chips instead. You can also add salsa or substitute the can of tomatoes for a can of diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel) to kick up the amount of spice and easily add a layer or refried beans or black beans.
I recommend making this dish in a Glass Baking Dish and some people have had luck baking the crescent rolls for a couple minutes before adding the other ingredients. Some of the others who commented on the other post also waited to add the Doritos until the last 10 minutes of baking.
No matter how you make this it is sure to be a crowd favorite!
OTHER GROUND BEEF RECIPES:
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 oz pkg. taco seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 pkg. crescent rolls (8)
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes (optional)
- 1 c. shredded cheese
- 3 cups Dorito chips
- Garnish: Pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream (optional)
- Cook hamburger in medium skillet over medium heat until cooked through, drain.
- Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, water, and diced tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a Glass, greased 9 x 13 inch pan press out crescent rolls and flatten to form a crust.
- Layer hamburger mixture, sour cream and then cheese.
- Crush Doritos and put them on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 min.
- Garnish and serve warm.
Linked to: Meal Plan Monday
Affiliate links were used in this post